ourWorld Safe Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here!

4 posters

Go down

Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here! Empty Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here!

Post by Aeri Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:09 pm

here is the place to talk about your favorite medium, tool, program, tablet, etc. did you find a wonderful watercolor set that you just have to share? find a tablet that just tickles you fancy? share it here!!! feel free to link to where you can purchase things discussed, but do not post or promote pirating as that breaks the forum's rules and might result in this wonderful topic being deleted.

OR, you can post your own tools for other people to see.

My preferred tools of the trade:
Wacom Cintiq DTU-2231
(this is the model I use, I got it on ebay for 700USD and it's for 'business' but it works just as fine for art. Brand new, it's about 1,600USD. I would recommend if you are planning to buy a Cintiq, to just buy one of the ones built for art.)
Wacom Bamboo Connect
(i use/used this model as a handheld tablet, before i got my cintiq. hard to break, portable, and very worth the mild 80USD charge brand new)
Paint Tool Sai
(sai is very easy to use, nice on beginners, but also qualified for more professional work. my go-to program since 2013, what all of my art is made with today.

I don't do a lot of traditional art, so I cannot recommend anything for that medium, sorry!

gab away babes
Aeri
Aeri
Eyelash Master

http://aeri-berri.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here! Empty Re: Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here!

Post by Quillan Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Might as well share my preferred tools...although I haven't arted in a million years...

Wacom Intuous Pen and Touch Small
Personally the touch attatchment is a waste. I never use it, I have no clue why I got it.
There are other sizes of the Intuous but personally the small is fairly nice size. I do not believe they sell the tablet I own anymore, well atleast not the same model.
All in all it is easy to store and works nicely. The only problem is when the pen pressure goes off it is a total bitch.

Paint Tool Sai
As Aeri said above...paint tool sai is bae.
Quillan
Quillan
King of the Fairies

https://ourworldsafespace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here! Empty Re: Talk about art mediums, tools, programs, tablets, etc here!

Post by Yuunachi Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:40 pm

traditional artist here!
tools of the trade:
COPIC MARKERS -
expensive little things but fantastic, fantastic, FANTASTIC with blending. alcohol-based and they bleed through so watch for that. fantastic variety and almost every hue on the color wheel available. again, best for blending, worth the money.

SAKURA GELLY ROLL WHITE PEN -

the best for highlights and fixing mistakes - can be used and blended with copic markers to lighter and cover, perfect for outlining, the white gel pen is very opaque and can cover just about anything.

PAINT -
acrylic is the best to work with tbh, can be diluted with water as well and works well on both canvas and (heavier, not copy) paper. i use sax true flow acrylic, has never failed me thus far. watercolors are also a necessity, i just use the regular crayola watercolors and they work fine. nothing fancy needed for watercolors really.

PAPER -
i recommend heavier paper for almost all artwork. i use the strathmore drawing pad paper, it's a good thickness and comes in multiple sizes (i prefer 8 x 10in and 11 x 14in). the watercolor paper is also great for, of course watercolors, and paints and/or any other heavy medium. not very picky about canvases but canvas boards are very convenient and anything at michael's is quality stuff to work with. on sale is usually best since canvas is pretty uniform no matter the brand imo, not 100% sure though.

Last edited by Yuunachi on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

http://mika-yu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Rey Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:38 pm

I didn't know Copics were oil-based. Prismacolor markers are, but copics are alcoholic based, thats one of the ways it blends so great. https://imaginationinternationalinc.com/copic/101/markers/
Viola Rey
Viola Rey
Space Alien Artist

Location : In a tiny spaceship, far from here. Which is good. take me away from depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Viola Rey wrote:I didn't know Copics were oil-based. Prismacolor markers are, but copics are alcoholic based, thats one of the ways it blends so great. https://imaginationinternationalinc.com/copic/101/markers/
damn calling me out
i meant alcohol, sorry about that, got them mixed up since they both work pretty well for blending.
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Rey Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Neutral I wasn't trying to. I had to double check the website because I don't use them. Sorry ig.
Viola Rey
Viola Rey
Space Alien Artist

Location : In a tiny spaceship, far from here. Which is good. take me away from depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:09 pm

i was joking i'm not mad
that's my natural way of speaking i
i won't do it again i'm sorry
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Rey Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:13 pm

aH no its okay my dad always did joking stuff to me & i never took it as a joke since he is a big bully >.< I gotta learn to take jokes & not get so serious about it! <3 joke all you want its fine trust me! I always pm people to double check because I dwell on things ;o;
Viola Rey
Viola Rey
Space Alien Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down