ourWorld Safe Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENTAL HEALTH MASTERPOST -- added the first section finally lol

+5
Becca
Yuunachi
Quillan
Katattack
Sorelia
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MENTAL HEALTH MASTERPOST -- added the first section finally lol - Page 2 Empty Re: MENTAL HEALTH MASTERPOST -- added the first section finally lol

Post by xiph Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:35 pm

Katattack wrote:Omg those apps are amazing, thanks xiph! I just downloaded happify and honestly I love it thanks!!!
<3333333333333333

add me to that ol' list my pal !!
i have exp. with mdd, generalised&social anxiety, panic disorder, dysphoria (does this count??), sensory overload, autism (are SO and autism under the same category??)&self harm but pms on anything are always welcome !!!
triggers: suicide and graphic depictions of blood/self harm n stuff, but other than that i think i'm mostly okay??
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

https://ask.fm/xiph0s

Back to top Go down

MENTAL HEALTH MASTERPOST -- added the first section finally lol - Page 2 Empty Re: MENTAL HEALTH MASTERPOST -- added the first section finally lol

Post by Quillan Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Add me to that buddy list<3

Exp: Depression, Anxiety, Suicidal thoughts, Self-Harm, Insomnia, Issues w/ gender identity, Stress, Substance/Drug Abuse, Self-Esteem Issues, Grief(Loss of family members/close friends).

My PM box is always open and I am glad to lend anyone my ears!!

Edit: I don't have any triggers
Quillan
Quillan
King of the Fairies

https://ourworldsafespace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 pm

I've added both of you cuties ^^
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Katattack Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Oh yeah I forgot to add: Suicidal thoughts, self harm, temper management, Insomnia + various sleep issues, friendship/relationship issues

I'd also like to say:

You should never fully self-diagnose. If you feel like you have signs, go to a doctor! I was self-harming a year or two before I even got diagnosed + passed it off as normal teenage angst. <- That is not normal teenage angst!!! If you have any problems consult your parents/family members and then proceed to a doctor from there. Your problems Are important, don't just push them aside!

List of suicide hotlines for the USA

Also a coping method for Panic Disorders:
Ground Yourself!
1. Close your eyes, take a deep breath
2. Open your eyes , pick out 10 things
3. Walk around and touch them one by one
4. Try to remember the memories behind them
5. Close your eyes and take a deep breath again.
Katattack
Katattack
Pun Princess

http://ourworld.network

Back to top Go down

Post by Quillan Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:15 pm

I'd just like to share this chat line here:
http://www.crisischat.org/chat

If some of you...I know I can't, cannot speak on the phone here is a handy dandy chat line. It connects you with a professional in a nearby center. You may remain anonymous while in crisis chat and you may vent/rant all you want. The people there may not have all the answers but if you are feeling alone it is definitely not a bad place to get someone to talk to. As well as on this topic. I hope this chat line helps~
Quillan
Quillan
King of the Fairies

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:16 pm

hi loves, add me to the buddy list <3 i'm able to talk about mostly anything but know most about (personal experience or family/friend experience) ANXIETY, depression, LGBTQA+ issues, OCD, ADD and ADHD, suicide, any relationship, family, friendship issues, and other disorders or habits that may hinder daily life (germ phobias, phobias of anything, etc.). i also am taking psychology and may be able to give BASIC ADVICE - I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUT I AM WILLING TO LISTEN AND RECOMMEND PROFESSIONAL HELP. i've also personally prevented two suicides so if you need help or are feeling anything suicidal please talk to me and i can help you to get the professional help you need. i can work as a stepping stone, but remember cuties, if you are having serious issues get PROFESSIONAL help.
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

http://mika-yu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Katattack wrote:Oh yeah I forgot to add: Suicidal thoughts, self harm, temper management, Insomnia + various sleep issues, friendship/relationship issues

I'd also like to say:

You should never fully self-diagnose. If you feel like you have signs, go to a doctor! I was self-harming a year or two before I even got diagnosed + passed it off as normal teenage angst. <- That is not normal teenage angst!!! If you have any problems consult your parents/family members and then proceed to a doctor from there. Your problems Are important, don't just push them aside!

List of suicide hotlines for the USA

Also a coping method for Panic Disorders:
Ground Yourself!
1. Close your eyes, take a deep breath
2. Open your eyes , pick out 10 things
3. Walk around and touch them one by one
4. Try to remember the memories behind them
5. Close your eyes and take a deep breath again.
Thanks for your contributions, not sure about the self-dx bit but I'll add the rest--
the reason I'm hesitant to add your first passage to the thread is that some people are unfortunately in situations where they cannot see a professional (ableist families/financial issues); this is where self-diagnosis or at least identifying symptoms comes in handy. Not all disorders can be fully self-diagnosed (personality disorders for example require professional evaluation), but proper identification of symptoms using the DSM can help someone with no access to a professional have at least a clue as to what disorder they might have. Certain forms of anxiety and depression, along with other disorders that are less "complex" to diagnose, can be self-determined and later confirmed professionally.

Speaking from experience, I've self-dxed a couple disorders which were later confirmed by a psychiatrist ^^
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by xiph Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:07 pm

okay here's all of the calming sites i posted on the original topic

the quiet place - take a break w/ relaxing music 
the thoughts room - take a minute and vent here w/ relaxing music 
what colour is it? - changes the time shade by shade w the colour, helpful to watch if i just need somethinh 2 concentrate on 
boomshine - just a small game that always helps me, you have to get the coloured dots to touch eachother (i'd rec turning off the in game music and playing your own) 
calm.com - short guided relaxation, also has a phone app which i use directly after panic attacks, sometimes works for me, sometimes doesn't 
this is sand - a lil game where you can do sand art 
scenes from a hat - an hour of scenes from a hat from whose line is it anyway (may have triggering content as it's from a comedy tv show, probably nothing big tho) 
scenes we'd like to see - 2 hours of scenes we'd like to see from mock the week (may have triggering content as it's from a comedy tv show, probably nothing big tho) 
ipet companion - play with shelter cats live!! 
rescue centre cat cam - 24/7 cat cam 
various aquarium live cams - i find the most relaxing is the jellyfish one 
fandom themed workouts - a good way to release panic w/o, like, breaking down (tws: smoking ment, death ment, alcohol ment, sex ment, violence ment) 
100,000 stars - explore the stars w/ relaxing music draw a stickman - a silly lil stickman game 
make everything okay - press this button 
coffitivity - background noise from a coffee shop 
blue ball machine - weirdly satisfying, could be even more confusing if you're not able to focus tho 
koalas to the max - click the things to make a picture 
taghua! - direct how a tree grows with your cursor 
essay typer - make it look like you're working if someone's coming to check on you&you can't concentrate/you have to switch tabs 
liquid particles - control their movement!! 
intotime - click on the colours 
paint! - make a mess, or a jackson pollock painting!! click to change colours 
colour game - a lil game to relieve stress 
geoguessr - a game to explore the world and try and guess where you are! 
sadforjapan - play with a lil blob 

gifs:
my all time fave
calming gif 
calming gif 
calming gif 
calming gif 
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif
calming gif (follow the brush with your eyes)
calming gif (follow the brush with your eyes)

okay that's all i have posted so far, i'll try and make sense of my other various resources later/tomorrow

Last edited by xiph on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 pm

I'll add this in tomorrow, it's soo hard to format topics on mobile.. u_u
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quillan Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 pm

@Xiph omg that quiet place made me so calm ahh i feel so good rn
Quillan
Quillan
King of the Fairies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Yuunachi wrote:hi loves, add me to the buddy list <3 i'm able to talk about mostly anything but know most about (personal experience or family/friend experience) ANXIETY, depression, LGBTQA+ issues, OCD, ADD and ADHD, suicide, any relationship, family, friendship issues, and other disorders or habits that may hinder daily life (germ phobias, phobias of anything, etc.). i also am taking psychology and may be able to give BASIC ADVICE - I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUT I AM WILLING TO LISTEN AND RECOMMEND PROFESSIONAL HELP. i've also personally prevented two suicides so if you need help or are feeling anything suicidal please talk to me and i can help you to get the professional help you need. i can work as a stepping stone, but remember cuties, if you are having serious issues get PROFESSIONAL help.
added you to the buddy list, cutie!
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:35 pm

edit: ty all!!!

Last edited by Yuunachi on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Yuunachi wrote:hey if any of u could pm me i'm having more anxiety issues :^( idek whats wrong with me anymore i'm so distressed
hope you feel better soon! :<

also I'm currently watching the 24/7 cat cam, 10/10 recommend, so cute ;___; ♥
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by xiph Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 am

edit: thanks babe i love you

Last edited by xiph on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Quillan Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 pm

ty v much xiphy
Quillan
Quillan
King of the Fairies

Back to top Go down

Post by Katattack Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Sorelia wrote:
Katattack wrote:
Thanks for your contributions, not sure about the self-dx bit but I'll add the rest--
the reason I'm hesitant to add your first passage to the thread is that some people are unfortunately in situations where they cannot see a professional (ableist families/financial issues); this is where self-diagnosis or at least identifying symptoms comes in handy. Not all disorders can be fully self-diagnosed (personality disorders for example require professional evaluation), but proper identification of symptoms using the DSM can help someone with no access to a professional have at least a clue as to what disorder they might have. Certain forms of anxiety and depression, along with other disorders that are less "complex" to diagnose, can be self-determined and later confirmed professionally.

Speaking from experience, I've self-dxed a couple disorders which were later confirmed by a psychiatrist ^^

I understand that, personally my friend was like "kat you totally have depression what are you doing" and that later helped me to go to a doctor, but I fear that when we are completely 100% open to full self-dx someone can be like "well i have ocd n this triggers me" when they really don't, or falsely diagnose themselves. I know it is a real issue that people don't have the option to go see someone but they should consult other people such as friends and family.
Katattack
Katattack
Pun Princess

http://ourworld.network

Back to top Go down

Post by xiph Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:30 pm

another reason for self-dxing is that it's put on your record and future employers will know. some disorders make it less likely for people to be hired !
long ramble abt statistics bc i wrote an essay on this once and i still have sites bookmarked
Spoiler:
some ideas similar to the conclusion of my essay (these center arnd autism bc that was the subject i wrote abt) from tumblr posts not reputable sources like above
Spoiler:
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Add me to the buddy list please!

I have personal experience with these;
Clinical Depression/Depression in general really.
Clinical Anxiety/any type of Anxiety, I have a wide amount.
Suicide/Suicidal thoughts and actions
Grief (Loss of friends/family)
Self harm
Bulimia
Anorexia
PTSD
Insomnia
Gender Issues
Homophobic/Albeist Family
R*pe

Triggers;
Actually I don't have any specific triggers, so I'm open to any pm about anything at all.
Becca
Becca
Photographer

https://ask.fm/suckadamntoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:38 pm

xiph wrote:another reason for self-dxing is that it's put on your record and future employers will know. some disorders make it less likely for people to be hired !
long ramble abt statistics bc i wrote an essay on this once and i still have sites bookmarked
Spoiler:
some ideas similar to the conclusion of my essay (these center arnd autism bc that was the subject i wrote abt) from tumblr posts not reputable sources like above
Spoiler:

woah woah woah !!! awesome stuff!! very true, good points you bring up especially about ableism. self-dx is great for this kinda stuff (i self-dx'd my anxiety and depression and am working to overcome them and will see a therapist if absolutely necessary). if it's to the point where you are in danger, though, getting professional help may be necessary. self-dx is very good for milder cases especially and recognizing disability before getting treatment. ableism is always rampant in society so self-dx can come in handy for combating that, especially if it isn't life-threatening and you feel you can cope with other resources besides professionals or are using self-dx as a stepping stone.
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

Back to top Go down

Post by xiph Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 am

hey pals, m'friendos, ol' beans, comrades☭
anyone got any anxiety related issues to do with people being in your house?
seriously could use some tips on dealing w this bc 4 people are coming to stay with us for the next 3 days and a further 2 for a day. they're family and i love them but i'm not sure i can stay in the anxiety range rather than the panic range, especially as i haven't seen them in a year or so.
tips on leaving a room/asking to be alone w/o coming off as rude would be appreciated too - maybe some extra grounding techniques as well?
lowkey scared i'm going to ruin my own birthday party
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by xiph Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:14 am

hey, i was recently triggered by an episode of a crime show i like to watch, and i did some research to see if there was something that could give me tws as i bingewatch on netflix without having to google each episode
i found https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/feerless/jplkbfficcokellnmmmnlleiolmcfbln !
i haven't tested this out fully yet, but it looks like it'll be super useful for me !
so far, there's no way to personalise it or see what the trigger would be, but that'll be added if it takes off.
xiph
xiph
Gender Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuunachi Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:07 pm

@xiph thank you for the websites, they helped calm me down a lot, especially the kitties heh
that app looks very helpful!!
edit no. 2: feeling a bit better, thank u viola for the cute kitty site, i loved the math cats heh
Yuunachi
Yuunachi
Lord of the Nerds

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:13 am

Does anyone have any experience with dissociation that can pm me?
Becca
Becca
Photographer

https://ask.fm/suckadamntoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorelia Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 am

Added a section on ableism at home/school and legal/informal plans that help to enhance the educational experience of neurodivergent and dis/abled people!
Sorelia
Sorelia
Sleepy Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Viola Rey Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:33 pm

to prove how bad my week has been

spent an hour crying over a shirt that i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that got a TINY DOT of bleach on it that you can barely see ugh

i cant even look at the shirt rn
Viola Rey
Viola Rey
Space Alien Artist

Location : In a tiny spaceship, far from here. Which is good. take me away from depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next